The Indian Hill Recreation Commission is happy to offer Girls Softball for the Spring of 2019.
After several years without the program we will be taking registrations to put teams together for the Spring Season. With this being a new program we will combine grades to form as many teams as possible.
The softball program is a recreational program, meaning that teams are open to anyone who wishes to play. There are no try-outs and all players are giving playing time. The softball program is for all levels of players. There will be beginner level instruction in all age groups.
The objectives of the Indian Hill Recreational Softball Program are:
- Have fun! - We strive to make the experience of playing softball FUN for the players.
- Fundamentals - We teach the fundamentals of softball so that players are prepared to meet the physical demands of the sport and to play the game in a safe manner.
- Fair Play - We teach respect for the game and for all participants - coaches, teammates, umpires, and opposing players.
Practices and games will be played either at Stephan Field or the Indian Hill High School Softball field.
League: We will play in the EHL which includes Mariemont, Madeira, Milford, Sycamore and more.
- Games start in mid-April and end in early/mid June.
- Player registration in January.
Age Groups - there are 5 age groups. These are calendar yr age groups - determined by age on 12/31/2018, e.g. birth date of 12/1/2010 means you are in the 8U age group.
- Indian Hill Coach Pitch - Kindergarten and First Grade
- 8&U - 2010, 2011
- 9&U - 2009 [No team in this age group Spring 2019]
- 10&U - 2008, 2009
- 12&U - 2006, 2007
- 14&U - 2004, 2005 [No team in this age group Spring of 2019]
Rules & Umpires - USSSA rules are followed in most cases
- The 8U division is a “coach pitch” group.
- The older age divisions are fast pitch groups, but there are specific rules for 9U and 10U that may require coach pitch intervention.
- We use certified adult umpires for all fast pitch groups (9u & above).
- The 8U games are umpired by local teenagers.
For questions and more information contact Jack Alley or email@example.com